Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October: National Breast Cancer Awareness Month



I went for my annual physical on Monday and during my breast exam the doctor found a mysterious lump. The doctor told me that it probably wasn't anything to worry about but she wanted to schedule a mammogram just to make sure it wasn't cancerous. How appropriate that it is now October: National Cancer Awareness Month. This year in particular I feel like cancer is all around me. My father was diagnosed with colon cancer in April and was successfully treated in May through surgery. Cancer has been in the news a lot recently because of actress Christina Applegate's double mastectomy at age 36 and Paul Newman's recent death from lung cancer. I'm waiting for my health insurance to approve the mammogram since I'm under age 40. Till then, I'm going to try my best not to worry about it.

2 comments:

The Mincing Mockingbird said...

Hang tough. Positive thoughts are flowing your way!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.